Thursday 1 May 2008

Ten thighs and pindes.....

On my post-prandial perambulation around Worcester Park last night I happened across something the piqued my imagination. I've known for a while now that drainage on the green space at the Hamptons is pretty poor with the lake side slope being somewhat marsh-like whenever I go there but last night not only had the 'amphitheatre' side turned into a swamp but there was also standing water on the grass at the top of the hill by the 'viewing platform'.

Now I know that I spent most of my Geography classes at school drawing pictures and paying scant attention to the wisdom being dispensed by our immensely hirsute and collosally bearded teacher but how on earth do you manage to flood the top of a hill!?!? I would welcome any attempt to fill this obviously gaping hole in my geographical understanding.

It's election day today so I'd urge you to fight off any hint of apathy and get to your local polling station to vote. I've always thought that if you don't bother to vote you lose the right to complain about it afterwards.

And if you're wondering about the title it's part of a very old joke about elocution (i.e. people with posh accents) where "Ten thousand pounds for ten brown trout" becomes "Ten thighs and pindes for ten brine trite". Sorry.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm positive it's got something to do with the old sewage farm that all of that place is built on.